Stanford University & Stanford Photonics Research Center (SPRC)
Travel Reimbursement Policies & Procedures
For your participation as a speaker in the SPRC 2016 Annual Symposium, September 19-20, 2016, SPRC will reimburse reasonable expenses for your airfare, lodging, and ground transportation as detailed below.
Please book your room at the Sheraton Palo Alto here.
Please read entire document carefully, then follow these steps after your travel is completed:
1) Please fill out the Travel Reimbursement Form.
If you are not a U.S. citizen, please also fill out Form LA-6 - Declaration of Tax Status, and include photocopies of your passport, visa, I-94 card, and, for J-visas, a copy of Form DS-2019 - Certificate Of Eligibility For Exchange Visitor (J-1) Status.
2) Please email copies of all documentation to SPRC at firstname.lastname@example.org
All reimbursement requests and documentation must be received by October 31, 2016.
***PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING***
- Reimbursements can be processed only after all travel has concluded & forms/receipts have been received
- Dated original receipts are required for most categories of reimbursement. Credit card payment forms and credit card statements are not considered to be receipts. If you have lost a receipt, please contact SPRC at email@example.com for a Lost Receipt form.
- "Itinerary/invoice" or "e-receipt" with your name and proof of payment is acceptable for air fare receipt
- Car rental contracts much show itemized charges
- Hotel bills must show itemized charges – only room , tax and parking will be reimbursed
- If claiming per diem for meals on travel dates, please reference allowance charts below
SPRC will reimburse airfare that meets the following requirements:
- round-trip flight between your home city/country and San Francisco or San Jose Int’l Airports
- travel dates falling within the range of September 18-21,2016
- upgradeable coach class fare
If your travel includes additional destinations or dates, you will be reimbursed average airfare based on the above-mentioned departure/arrival locations and travel dates. If you are unsure what is reimbursable, please call SPRC.
If you stay at the lodging facility arranged by SPRC (Sheraton Palo Alto), your room & tax charges are billed directly to SPRC.
If you stay elsewhere you can request reimbursement of reasonable room & tax charges for arrival and departure dates that fall within the range of September 18-21, 2016
MEALS – PER DIEM
Meals on September 19-20 are provided as part of this event. If you travel on September 18-21, and incur meal expenses on these dates, you can request a per diem reimbursement for those dates only. The daily per diem amount will be based on your flight departure and arrival times as follows:
THE DAY THE TRAVELER LEAVES ON A TRIP
Departure time (from home city) Fraction of Palo Alto/Stanford per diem rate ($59)
12:01 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. full rate
6:01 a.m. to noon 3/4 of full rate
12:01 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. 1/2 of full rate
6:01 p.m. to midnight 1/4 of full rate
THE DAY THE TRAVELER RETURNS FROM A TRIP
Arrival time (in home city) Fraction of destination per diem rate
12:01 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. 1/4 of full rate
6:01 a.m. to noon 1/2 of full rate
12:01 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. 3/4 of full rate
6:01 p.m. to midnight full rate
To/From Airport - SPRC will reimburse reasonable shuttle, taxi, and airport parking expenses. Expenses over $75 require receipts. Travelers should use the most economical means for travel to/from an airport.
Travel by Private Automobile – SPRC will reimburse mileage at the current rate per mile, based on the actual driving distance by the most direct route (not more than 105% of the mileage listed on the MapQuest web page at http://www.mapquest.com/).
SPRC will reimburse the cost of renting a compact or standard size car. Car rental agreements must be in the traveler’s name and should include "Stanford University" whenever possible. Stanford University's insurance policy provides coverage in excess of the rental agencies' policy, therefore travelers will not be reimbursed for additional insurance from a car rental agency.
If you have any questions, please contact SPRC
at 650-723-5627 or firstname.lastname@example.org